01 May 2009

every now and then

Lately I've been eating a lot of pasta, grilled cheese, eggs, drinking a lot of coffee and tea and lemonade, basically trying to eat everything I have left while avoiding buying more. It's a delicate balance - I don't want to waste anything but I'm not going to have much room in my bags. I'm slowly packing up and clearing out; I have my "recycling corner" and my little trash can, waiting for me to put on some pants and take them outside. At the same time I'm trying to read and research for one last paper, and with just a week left I'm having trouble forcing myself to do it - so much else I want to do one last time or make sure is ready before I go to Nice so I can grab my bags and leave when I get back.
Basically all the glass jars I've repurposed will be recycled when I leave, the bottles of oil and vinegar given to my programme office, the cleaning supplies probably left behind. It's just window cleaner and dish soap anyway.

The clouds of milk in my coffee are swirling around, making mesmerizing shapes. I don't want to read this book, I just want to kill time thoroughly.

2 comments:

Colin Welch said...

Coup de grace, so to speak?

Unknown said...

That's... oddly appropriate.